- University of Padua, Laurea Degree (BSc) in Mathematics July 1991
- SISSA-ISAS (Trieste, Italy), Master in Mathematics October 1992
- SISSA-ISAS (Trieste, Italy), PhD in Mathematics October 1994
- Associate Provost for Research, Rutgers University – Camden, Jan. 2016 – ongoing
- Director, Center for Computational and Integrative Biology, Rutgers University – Camden, Oct. 2014 – Dec. 2015
- Program Director, Center of Computational and Integrative Biology, Rutgers University – Camden 2011-14
- Joseph and Loretta Lopez Chair Professor of Mathematics, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Rutgers University – Camden Sept. 2009 – ongoing
- Research Director, IAC – CNR Dec. 2001 – Sept. 2009
- Associate Professor, University of Salerno (tenured Oct. 2001) Nov. 1998 – Dec. 2001
- Researcher, SISSA-ISAS (tenured Nov. 1997) Dec. 1994 – Oct. 1998
- Foundation of a new journal ”Networks and Heterogeneous Media” in 2006. New journal in the area of interdisciplinary mathematics , currently Editor in Chief.
- Worskhop Organization: 30 in the period 1998-2014. Member of Panel 7: Mathematical Programing and Industrial Applications-2 for ICIAM 2011. Director for CIME course ”Modelling and Optimisation of Flows on Networks”, June 2009, Cetraro (CS), Italy.
- Plenary speaker: 12th International Conference Hyp2008, College Park, Maryland, June 2008. STAMM 08, Trento, Italy, September 2008. IperBa09, Bari, Italy, February 2009. ICIAM 2011, Vancouver, July 2011. Netco 2014, Tour (France), June 2014.
- Invited Speaker: 40+ workshops in the period 1998-2016.
- Fellow of the American Mathematical Society, class of inaugural fellows 2012.
- Fubini Prize 2009 given by Istituto Superiore ”Mario Boella”, in collaboration with Polymath of Torino and the Association ”Subalpina Mathesis”.
Andrea Balluchi (Dana Spa), Alexandre Bayen (UC Bekeley), Antoni Bicchi (University of Pisa), Mireille Broucke (University of Toronto), Vittoria Bruni (IAC-CNR, Rome), Suncica Canic (Houston), Filippo Castiglione (IAC-CNR, Rome), Ciro D’Apice (University of Salerno), Mauro Garavello (University of Piemonte Orientale), Ewa Girejko (University of Byalistok), Michael Herty (University of Aachen), Claudia LaChioma (Unicredit Bank), Jingmei Qiu (Houston), Alberto Sangiovanni-Vincentelli (UC Berkeley), Domenico Vitulano (IAC-CNR, Rome), Dan Work (UIUC), Katarzina Zadarnowska (University of Wroclaw).
Graduate Advisor: Alberto Bressan (PennState).
PhD Students: Ugo Boscain (SISSA), Antonio Cappuccio (University of Rome ”La Sapienza”), Nunzia Cascone (University of Salerno), Nevio Dubbini (University of Pisa), Mauro Garavello (SISSA), Rosanna Manzo (University of Salerno), Sean McQuade (Rutgers), Nathaniel Merrill (Rutgers), Nastassia Pouradier Duteil (Rutgers–Camden), Luigi Rarita (University of Salerno).
Post-doctoral Fellows: Paolo Baiti (SISSA), Marco Caponigro (Rutgers), Giulia Cavagnari (Rutgers), Emiliano Cristiani (IAC-CNR), Maria Laura Delle Monache (Rutgers), Paolo Frasca (IAC-CNR), Roberta Ghezzi (Rutgers), Luca Greco (IAC-CNR), Thibault Liard (Rutgers), Paolo Mason (IAC-CNR), Jean-Marc Mercier (SISSA), Andrea Tosin (IAC-CNR).